Monday 6 August 2012

Smashbox Interview!!

Hello there my lovelies, Happy Monday hope you're all enjoying a great start to the week and wish you all the best in you ventures this week.

I just got back from an interview a couple of hours ago and am so excited to tell you all about it!
So I had an interview for a position as a beauty consultant at Boots on the Smashbox stand.
Smashbox is an amazing US brand of makeup and it it now going to be available exclusive to Boots.
They have amazing products such as their BB creams, lipsticks and mascara.

Anyways, onto the interview:I was really nervous and excited at the same time.
The lady that interviewed me was so sweet and she put me immediately at ease; she was so pleasant to talk to. This is great because it assures you that the team will be welcoming and friendly.
She asked me questions relating to makeup, team work, communication and all the other questions; also
example related questions.
The questions were fair and I hope my answers were what they wanted. God please I want that job.

Interview tips:

  • Don't look scared or too shy; smile and make eye contact
  • Sell yourself
  • Be confident
  • Be down to earth and humble as it shows; don't be rude and pretentious
Good Job hunting ladies :)

Just a few pics of my face, hair and a hint of my outfit. I wore high waisted black smart trousers and a cream chiffon top.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

On my face, I had neutral eyes opting for a light day time smokey eyes and bold lips (sleek- mystic).
I also had a fish tail in my hair; simple but elegant.
What do you ladies think?
xxxAfeeyahxxx
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. This lipstick looks great on you. Love the fish-til braid, wish I knew how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun; the fish tail is quite easy when you practise it a couple of times; there are a lot of tutorials on it on YT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hya iv a interview tmw am,very nervous.Did u have to do role play or makeovers on people??When do you find out??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hun, sorry for late reply; no it was just a normal interview no role play or makeovers. They told me by the end of the week; goodluck hun and lemme know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks BBella, gonna deffo check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. U look so pretty hun, love the outfit&goodluck babes hope u get e position *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks darling; hope I get it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey i was wandering if u got the job?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heya; yes I got the job!!!!!!!!! *jumps up and down*
    Thanks for asking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey i like your style your blog is really great!!! maybe we follow each other??? let me know :) greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi got the same interview on thursday please please give me lots and lots of tips, i go into meltdown in interviews .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hun; don't worry and don't get nervous. Be yourself, smile a lot and let them know how passionate you are about makeup and customer service. They will ask about what you know about makeup and customer service, what you passionate about and what you know about smashbox so do your research. That's about it hun.

      Delete
  12. thank you so much for your advise and i will let you know x

    ReplyDelete
  13. heyy!! just wanted to ask what the benefits are for working for smashbox? do u get good discounts and product allocations? also, is there a uniform? Or do you wear anything? I'm just waiting for a reply back from them!!

    thanks in advance!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply; I trust that you have gotten the job now, if not Smashbox is a great place to work and the discount is great as its part of estee lauder so you get discounts from all the companies under estee lauder xx

      Delete
  14. Hi, i've got a interview as a counter manager, any last minute tips? :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey babe very sorry for the late reply, I trust your interview is over now but any questions at all please email me at howusu1@yahoo.co.uk and I will get back to you asap xx

      Delete
  15. hey, love your blog, was wondering if you could remember how long the application and interview process took, after you applied online what happened?
    thanks so much hun!!! your a star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya yeah it was pretty straightforward; I was asked the same usual questions; why this job, your skills? what you know about smashbox and also make some up on the spot.
      So after I applied online, got an interview date, had a 2nd interview and then was called in to give me a formal offer.
      Anything else don't hesitate to ask xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks was also wondering what you had to do at the second interview

      Delete
    3. The 2nd interview was very informal, she sort of just told me you have the job. Goodluck if you have an interview with them hun xxx

      Delete
  16. Hey I wanted to apply for this job but I have no like previous makeup job background. Was wondering if you think that will be a problem whilst applying for this job as I am really passionate about makeup. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. I recently had an interview with boots for this position and still haven't hear back, how long did they take to get back to you? :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can take 1-3 weeks just ring them after a week to enquire so at least you know the good (hopefully) or bad news xxx

      Delete
  18. louiseslater22@hotmail.co.uk7 April 2014 at 16:16

    I realise this post is old but I have an interview with smashbox at boots in 2 days and was just wondering if its a good job to have. . Will I get uniform.. will I have to buy smashbox products to do my makeup? And whatsus the pay! Ha sorry for the questions!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments and if you like this blog then please follow :)

© Fashion, Beauty & Me. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig