Thursday 9 January 2014

Best of Beauty 2013 (My Faves) ♥♥

Asking a beauty addict (like myself) to pick a few items from all the gazillion products they use during a whole year is a bit of a nightmare. However I saw this tag floating around and decided to show you a few of my faves of 2013. If these things were to be discontinued rest assured, I will burn their HQ down lol. (jk jk...no really)
Primer(s)

I have used the Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer in Light religiously since I discovered it (Oct '12) till now. Some of you know I used to work for Smashbox cosmetics so I was able to try out a few of their primers and for someone with oily skin; this is perfect because not only is it oil-free it's water based and so light on ya skin. I had a lot of clients that told me they preferred the Smashbox primers to the Benefit Porefessional as the latter can dry your skin out;the Smashbox one doesn't and they have different types of primers for all your skin needs; hydrating, luminising, pore liner etc.
The Benefit Stay Flawless 15 hour primer is my 2nd fave primer and I discovered it in the summer and it really does last for a long time especially for those long days; I think it's good for Normal to combination to oily skin. Not sure about really dry skin; it might dry your skin up even more.


Foundation/BB Creams
Nars Sheer Matte ~ This foundation is amazeballs; it has a medium to buildable coverage; a pump is usually enough for my whole face;I used to use Nars 2 years ago but I ventured out but am back on the Nars bandwagon now. I will deffo do a proper review on my foundation so look out for that.

My Chanel Lumiere Perfection is a close second; I love it because it gives a really natural look but it can also be buildable and gives a lovely radiant finish; I will deffo do a review on it too, right now it's a bit too light for my skin colour.

The Smashbox bb cream is the most amazing bb cream I have used before; it has a good range of colours first and foremost and it has a really good coverage; a lot of bb creams out there just give a really light coverage but this ones gives a medium coverage.
Concealers
Maybelline Fit Me (30) ~this concealer has a really good coverage and does not crease on me plus it be staying on all day. I use it in conjuction with my MAC prep+prime highlighter in Bright Forecast which is such an amazing combo.

Palette
My fave palette is the wet n wild vanity palette because it has some awesome neutral shades and browns that work well for everyday makeup and night makeup too.

Mascaras
I love the Benefit They're Real mascara because it gives me length and volume but it got beaten by the Bourjois Twist 2 in 1 mascara, check my full review here.

Brush
My fave brush is the Real Techniques Buffing brush; it is super soft an blends very well. I use it to blend my foundation every single day.
Powder/Highlighter/Contour
The Collection translucent powder is a perfect powder for when I get oily in my T zone during the day; I just blot away the excess oil and put a little bit of the powder on my T zone and it mattifies it right up.

My Golden Deposit highlighter from Mac has been part of my daily foundation routine since I got it and I still use it in the winter for a healthy glow; I have a review here.

The Sleek Contour kit/Face Form is the best contour out there especially for darker skinned ladies like myself and it has a really good color pay off and comes with a highlighter, see the review here.

Eyeliner
The L'Oreal gel liner is an amazing product because it glides really smoothly and doesn't dry out too quickly. It is also a very dark black and looks amazing; I love it way better than Blacktrack by Mac.

Misting/Toning Sprays
I use the Boots  Botanics Spray as a toner daily and it just refreshes and balances my skin after cleansing as cleansing can strip off oils from your skin.
The Charged water/fix + have been a life saver for me this year as sometimes as an oily faced gal I tend to add powder to set my foundation and matify everything and sometimes it tends to look cakey, so these products are perfect to finish off a look and they just blend everything together.

Lipsticks
Mac Up the Amp has been my baby all year round and Kate Moss collection (107) by Rimmell has been my go to lipstick since Autumn/Fall.

Phew!! That was a lot of info; if you ladies want an in depth review on each of these products let me know and I shall do that.

Btw if you follow me on Instagram you would have known I finally got a DSLR more specifically a Canon 600D; so from now on; great quality pics. YAY!!!

Afeeyah xo

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Nice picks ! i love the MAC lipstick color you got :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection!Beautiful colour! Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
    http://www.elationofcreation.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments and if you like this blog then please follow :)

© Fashion, Beauty & Me. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig