Sunday 11 January 2015

Debut ~ Face Mask Mondays Hosted By Afeeyah ♥♥

Hey sweetthangs; how are you all doing? I have been thinking for a while that I wanted to start something different on my blog; something that is unique to me and I thought YES MASKS! I love face masks, I own a lot of em and you look oh so silly when you have one on so why not pump some silly into this ole blog.
Masks are a very integral part of my skincare routine, I try to use a mask at least once a week and they all have different functions depending on what you need for your skin and what skin type you have.
I wanted to tell you about the masks; how it felt, if it worked and so forth. Now this will be done on a Monday and I won't say every monday cos I will be lying but hopefully every other monday or so... so you ready?

So we start off with a freshly cleaned face and don't mind my attire but this is my pamper night and I am in my 'chilling, relaxing' attire so excuse my XXL Superman jumper from Primarni (am a bonafide gangster 90% of the time LOL)


I am starting off with the Origins Clear Improvement Face mask because this is by far my most used face mask and I think I even did a mini review here.
As you can see it comes out like a clay like colour and it indeed contains active charcoal which draws out all the dirt and impurities that are stuck in your pores.


It also contains White China clay that absorbs environmental toxins, and lecithin dissolves impurities. Everytime I use it, my skin feels very deeply cleaned and free of any impurities.
My pores also feel like all the gunk has been removed from them.

Peak-a -boo

This mask is geared towards the normal to oily skin gals as it is a very deep clean so if you have very sensitive and dry skin it might irritate your skin and redden your skin. Even though I am oily my skin does feel tight after using it so I can only guess how it will feel if you are dry.


This is one of the best masks out there and it is one of Origin's best selling masks; so if you have normal to oily skin I suggest you give it a go and you will see the difference.

 hmm so what is this thing called again?

To prep my face for the mask I cleansed my face with the Purity 3in1 face and eyes cleanser and used the Ole Henrikssen exfoliator to gently scrub the skin and get it ready for the mask. When the skin is prepped, the mask is more effective as it can work deep down to the 5 layers of the skin rather than just the top layer if there's still a lot of dead skin cells.


Then you wait for the mask to do its magic; I wait for at least 30 mins to an hour and get on with my chores or pampering; in this case I was reading my 'Goddess Guide' which was a christmas/santa present which is simply amazing; you can get it here.

Right so that's my first ever Face Mask Mondays (FMM), did you enjoy it? Are there masks out there that you think I ought to try? Are there changes/adjustments you think I ought to make?
I really want to hear your opinions so lemme know,
Have a lovely week and see you again soonest
Afeeyah xo


He said, 'Don't worry about it - there are more on our side than on their side' ~ 2Kings 6vs16


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I'm about to join you and put on my face mask ,great idea xxxxTanaka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great beauty post!! I do mask now and then. Love the xxl top. :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done a mask in ages! I feel like I should now lol.

    Lydia
    http://bitsofthisandthatblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mask hun! Just used it this morning my other favourite has to be Clarins pure matte mask. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. time for mask ! good pics !

    www.madamedaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments and if you like this blog then please follow :)

© Fashion, Beauty & Me. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig